Monday, June 11, 2007

It's official!

We have our plane tickets to Miami for staging, flying out on June 30th from Great Falls, MT. Somehow I feel a little bit better about quitting jobs, ending lease, etc. now that we have our tickets in hand. If only we had reassurances that our passports aren't delayed in the current passport debacle.

I've had mixed feelings during most of the packing and closing up we have done over the past two weeks. There was a somewhat appropriate commentary on NPR's All Things Considered as I was driving home from work during my last week there. Granted, I'm not in my mid-40s with a family during these times of change, but it's still all about taking risks and just not knowing how it will turn out. I find it to be a wonderfully liberating experience, even though it is partially filled with trepidation and uncertainty.

Geez. If this is what I'm talking about during moving from PA to MT, just wait until you see what comes out once we get to Jamaica.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Love the NPR reference - there are so many apropos articles there that seem to either validate your life choices or inspire you to make new ones.

I am so proud of you guys and excited for you. Hey, and if you need to go get your passports in person, one of the national passport offices is in my dad's building downtown NOLA - let me know if you will be in town :-)