Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Catching Up on December

I haven't posted in a while, so this may be a bit scattered. The Beeston Spring groundbreaking went well. Check out Matt's blog for some photos of the day. Once construction starts I will take some pictures and post the finished product. The groundbreaking was for rebuilding the springhouse roof. The week following I helped do some cost estimates for rebuilding the holding tank and putting in a wash house. We should find out in February if we are successful.

We have been enjoying our new place. As Carrie said in the comment to her sea creatures post, I did get stung by a jellyfish on Sunday. Initially I could see where four tentacles struck my bicep and left lines from my shoulder down to my elbow. It felt like stinging nettles but the pain went away much faster. We have seen several jellyfish around the area so it was not a surprise to finally hit one. The water was so murky that I really couldn't see anything.

Christmas is in less than a week, but I feel very disconnected from it. There are decorations around the office, but every time I try to listen to Christmas music it just feels wrong. I think the fact that the temperature hasn't varied for the past six months may have something to do with it. It still feels like July here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at Matt's blog, it appears that much of Scott has melted off his bones since arriving in Jamaica.

The combination of this post and the previous post have left me wondering about the visual quality of your water. Was the murkiness unusual, or is Carrie particularly good about seeing marine life in murk-filled waters?

Anonymous said...

Weight loss here is a matter of survival. Last time I weighed myself I was 182 with all my clothes on.

The water is usually very clear, but last week the ocean was rough for a couple of days so Sunday was very murky.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

December is always a hard time to catch up because of all the family activities.
Download Movies