Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sea Phobia Continued...

We finally did it. We live so close to the sea, but we rarely go for a morning swim for exercise. This morning we did it. Finally.

It was a very nice morning for it, though the sea was cloudy and a little rougher than it usually is at that time of day. I was wearing my nifty prescription goggles, but they didn't make much difference since the water was so cloudy. We probably managed to swim for about 150 yards before I got stung by a jellyfish. We pondered getting out to walk back, but decided to just swim back in the more shallow water, avoiding the general area where I got stung. Then Scott got stung by a jellyfish. It was a very good lesson for me to know that the sting isn't terrible. It has completely gone away now with the exception of a bit of a lingering rash (just what I need...). We didn't get a fabulous workout, but it is a start.

I think next time we will wait for the water to be clear. Then we can at least see the jellyfish coming.

3 comments:

Jesse E. Hunter said...

Yikes-You're braver than I! Two stings for one outing and you're planning on going BACK?

Where do you guys live-and have you heard if any g79-ers are coming nearby?

Scott said...

We are in Westmoreland near Savanna-la-Mar. I think some from the next group will be in Negril, which is about 45 minutes away, but I don't know about anywhere else in the area.

Patrick said...

Dude! You guys are popular enough to be on peacecorpsjournals.com twice. Damn, big ups!