Thursday, April 16, 2009

Milestones being reached...

As of next week, I can proudly say that I will have completed my secondary project. My adult literacy program will be officially turned over to the community center for continuation. I will spend the rest of my time at the center working to organize my materials and create a few more easy-to-read adult literacy booklets. I will also continue to tutor my students on a more informal basis. It has been such a pleasure to work with all of them and so rewarding to be witness to their progress.

It's clear to us that the season is shifting into full summer. Yesterday was the first day that an afternoon rain shower caught us without umbrellas. This usually only happens once or twice before we get back in the habit of carrying umbrellas every day for rainy season. This will be our third and final Jamaican summer!

Peace,
Carrie

No comments: